Saturday, May 31, 2008

Finally. I've been wanting to start a real blog, one where I can actually talk about my life, and don't have to censor it for the wonderful people in my life who don't quite get what I have decided to do. I grew up as an active Mormon my whole life. I had questions about things for the last few years, and about 6 months ago or so I decided I really didn't believe, couldn't go along with it anymore, and wanted FINALLY, to start living my life, instead of agonizing about doctrine that made me crazy. It was a hard decision, and really scary at the time, but I have felt so much more peace, freedom, and happiness than I had in a long time. Since that decision, I have begun the process of trying to get on with my life, date normally, experiment with things I never dared to before (not talking illegal substances here people), and have been trying to figure out what my new standards are in life. So far it has been very interesting, although sometimes difficult. I want this blog to be a place where I can talk (and others can share) about some of these new experiences and how it is to navigate a world outside of Mormonism, especially as a single person.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thankyou for letting my know about your blog.
this can be an nerving place to be, having all the previous lines in the sand be erased and starting from scratch with what your boundaries/standards will be. it's good to have friends in the same boat (or at least on the same river... whatever the best analogy would be). good luck on this journey.

flygirl said...

Yeah, I like the boat/river analogy. It is interesting to be playing around with boundaries and standards and trying to figure all that out, since I no longer have anyone telling me what they should be. Sometimes I feel like I'm in my early twenties again, or at least doing things other people figure out at that age.