Okay, okay I SUCK at blogging these days. I recently moved, and have had so much to do that I've been too busy to blog, and maybe because of this I've found myself less interested in Mormon-related things. My new apartment is so much better, and though I have a roommate and miss living alone in some ways, I think things will be good, once we figure out what to do with some of her more interesting decorating items-such as her table made of a dolphin sculpture.
A few highlights as of late:
I finally went to the OB-GYN for a check-up after not going for like 5-6 years. As a Mormon, I just felt like I didn't really have sexual parts, so it was really easy to ignore and avoid stuff like that. It's always a good time explaining to people outside of Utah that you are a 31 year old virgin. While she was um...doing her thing...she was asking me why I left, and I was explaining to her that I didn't believe it any more, as well as it's not that much fun to be 30, single and Mormon. She was very nice and didn't laugh at me at any point, though I think she felt less bad for me when she asked if I had fooled around and I said yes. I am also thinking of getting the Gardasil shots. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge about getting that past the typical age?
I got a Brazilian wax. This was very painful and may be my last. For some crazy reason I just wanted to try it, though I feel like it offends my feminist sensibilities. I guess I'm just trying to figure out what is normal in the real world.
I have been on a few dates with a seemingly decent guy, so maybe, just maybe that will go somewhere, who knows. We're going ice skating tonight.
I've been reading Joseph Campbell's "The Power of Myth." The first part of the book depressed and irritated me, probably because it was actually saying what I had been thinking for awhile. I realized I have felt some sadness over the loss of all my concrete ideas about the world. But as I have continued reading, I have come to terms a little more with my new thoughts. I have appreciated some of his ideas, which have helped me to develop a less negative view of religion, though I still can't see being a part of one myself.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
wow, lots of stuff here. I never did get the story of your wax. I wonder if it's as bad as mine...probably, but hopefully not as bad as the 40 year old virgin...when Steve Carell got his chest done and the blood starts pouring out. Ugh.
Ice skating cool. Make sure you ALWAYS wear a hat.
Mormon stuff..eh...I'm so less interested in it now too, just want a big break.
Wow. A Brazlian?
That just sounds so . . .painful.
I'm sorry you had to do that.
I used Nair and I liked it, but the regrowth is itching the hell out of me!
Good luck with the new guy. Glad you found a good one.
Keep going. The wax will pay off.
dude... I also got a brazillian... but it was a while back. so weird to look down and be bare. not my usual look. (and ouch.)
and I am also reading The Power of Myth, and having a similar reaction. a part of it is that I just am not getting into the dialogue format... but also a large part of it is I have lost my mythology system and have not found anything to replace the void. maybe I should keep reading? it will get better?
Yeah, I haven't decided if I'm going to keep up the Brazilian bare-ness or not. Probably not.
Keep reading the Power of Myth. I kinda hated the first half, but only for helping me to see where I really was with some things. Once I realized I don't believe in much of anything literal anymore and accepted it, I think I'm okay with that. It actually helped me to view religion and mythology in a more positive way, as the last couple years I've just been focusing on the negative aspects.
Post a Comment