Friday, December 18, 2009
I wouldn't mind home teachers right about now...
I'm missing being Mormon a little bit right now. But not for any deep reasons of Christmas wistfulness or anything. I have to move (AGAIN) next week, and it would be really nice if I could just call my home teachers and get a bunch of people to help out. Instead I'm stuck begging the few people who will be in town over the holidays or hiring movers. Oh well, I guess even if I have to hire people it will be less than tithing would have been...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
As far as they know, you're just inactive.
Ask for the home teachers, they'll report their reactivation efforts.
I see it as a win-win. They feel successful and you get help.
:) But maybe I'm just an opportunist.
Hahaha. Believe me, I've thought of it.
But I really just don't think I can. It's been at least a year and a half since I've had any contact with the church here, and I really don't want to start something I can't finish...
Yeah, I got some offers from the church when I moved last month and everyone thought I was crazy for turning them down, but I just had to. It was like I just couldn't be dependent on them in that way again. I don't know. It's probably silly and maybe I should have taken the help.
But...I think the move went well, so YAY for you!!
If you've yet to join the conversation re X-Mormon of the Year over at Main Street Plaza, this here is your official invite! ( And all apologies for this spamalicious OT comment ! )
Post a Comment